Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Chennai, Copper Point - A shocker!

I had reviewed Copper Point at the GRT Grand earlier this year in March after it had gone through a face lift and had come back quite satisfied, as expressed in my Blog. Needless to mention, the satisfaction was fresh enough in my memory for me to go back there about a month later.

I was shocked. The place had again changed its menu and this time with it, its prices. Atleast to my recknoning, it was priced rather steep. In order to see if anything else had changed (dramatically enough), we decided to order the same that we did the last time, the only additions being one non veg chicken preparation.

I will not say much. I will let the following speak for itself:

1. Butter Naan / Masala Kulcha - Rs. 135/- each
2. Plain naan / Tandoori Roti - Rs. 105/- each
3. Vegetarian platter (sufficient for 2) - Rs. 910/-

The food had not changed. The saving grace was the Dal Makhni which if you remember had managed to make it to position 2 in my War of the Dals from earlier this year. Else, there really was nothing to talk about.

I doubt I'll be heading that way anytime soon.

Foot notes remain the same as before

No comments: